The following video contains a creative and interesting illustration about evangelism for modern Christians.  I definitely believe that it's worth viewing and thinking about as a follower of Christ integrated as a member of society and that it does speak a lot of truth in regard to the current state of the Church and how the Christian community (in general) views evangelism and sharing their faith.  I hope that you find it equally as thought provoking, creative, and entertaining.



  What do you think of this short video on evangelism?  
What thoughts does it bring to mind?
 
Why is there such a passive and suppressive stigma associated with Christian evangelism and how can we actively work to change it?  


2 responses to "The Fishless Fishermen's Fellowship"

  1. I agree that this video is thought provoking. It sheds light on the way that I often live my life, learning about fishing but not stepping out and doing it. The perspective presented is helpful, but sometimes being a fisher of men seems a bit more scary and difficult than hopping in a boat and tossing a line in the water. I guess that's why my focus needs to be on the Lord and not on my own ability(ies) or lack thereof.

  2. Yes and no. Of course we focus on the Lord and walk by His spirit but just as we learned how to walk or swim, sharing the gospel is a learned skill. Unfortunately, most Christians do not make sure this equipment is one of their tools. Evangelism is not just for the especially gifted, it is for each of us, whether we feel bold enough or not. I cannot preach the gospel without God's giving me utterance and courage, I just cannot do it. But by faith, maybe I can :) If you have a burden and longing for the lost and would like to learn how to snatch them from the kingdom of darkness, you can learn how:
    www.istreetwitness.com

Post a Comment