Persevering Through the Pain

Greg Heil | 8:48 AM
Pain isn't fun. Trials aren't fun. Suffering... it is just not fun.

But life isn't easy... pain and suffering are parts of life. The important thing isn't necessarily avoiding pain. It is how we cope when the pain comes, and what we take away from the experience when the pain leaves.

Last year, I had a long stretch of intense back pain for over 5 months. I couldn't sleep through the night unless I took several different types of drugs, and even then it was no guarantee. Work was torture, simply sitting in a desk was uncomfortable. I couldn't focus, I couldn't enjoy the simple things in life, I couldn't even ride a mountain bike... the only thing I was worried about was getting rid of the pain.

Hopefully that kind of pain is behind me. And while I pray it is, I also pray that I continue to hold onto the things that I learned through that pain.

Here is a post I wrote last year about 6 of the things I was learning from back pain.

I highly recommend that you read it, so hopefully you won't have to go through the kind of pain I did to learn these lessons!

0 responses to "Persevering Through the Pain"

Post a Comment