This World Is Fleeting

Greg Heil | 7:00 AM
Photo Credit
I was recently reminded that everything in this world is fleeting. So many of the things that we take for granted and think will be there tomorrow and the next day and the day after that just might not be.



~Some of us place a lot of importance on our job security. In this economy, nobody's job is secure.

~I know I place a ton of importance on my physical health and fitness. I have learned from personal experience that even the health and fitness I have worked so hard to attain and continue to strive to maintain can be gone in an instant.

~Your family and your other relationships aren't permanent. Betrayal happens all of the time, and drunk drivers take the lives of innocents on a daily basis.

~As the financial meltdown has again emphasized, money and your investments are never really a "safety net." They can evaporate into thin air over night.

~Similarly, material possessions, while they may be more concrete than a stock market investment, can easily be destroyed in a fire or other natural disaster. The damage from the tornadoes in Alabama should still be fresh in all of our minds., and the flooding along the lower Mississippi is yet another reminder.

What Does Last
The only thing that we know will last and will persevere is our God, our Savior!

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Let us hold fast to our God!

3 responses to "This World Is Fleeting"

  1. Store up your treasures in heaven---not on earth. Nice post.

  2. Thanks for the perspective check.

  3. These are some of the thoughts that have been most prevalent in my mind throughout this past year.

    It has brought me to analyze my use of money, and change the ways I budget my finances and time. It has also brought me to donate, give away, and sell many of my possessions in order to bring more simplicity to my life - Eliminating the clutter in order to focus on the things that really matter - Having Christ as priority in my life.

    I am also looking to write multiple posts concerning time and the brevity of life in the near future!
    Great thoughts! Thank you very much for posting them!

    AJ

Post a Comment