Can the Bible Be Trusted?

Greg Heil | 2:40 PM
The Bible
Photo Credit.
The issue of whether or not the Bible is trustworthy is in its very essence a critical topic. If the Bible is not worthy of having trust put in it, as a Christian, your eternal salvation, and indeed, your foundation and basis for all motivation in life collapses in a pile of rubbish.

You must be pretty sure that the thing in which your faith is put in has a backbone to it, and will be able to stand an objective examination of reliability. If the Bible proves not to have such a backbone, those who count themselves Christians will have to drastically rethink their entire view of life’s meaning and goals.


As a result, we are diving into this topic by covering it in an exhaustive series over the course of the next week.  This series has been adapted from an essay that I wrote during a class at Big Sky Bible Institute during the spring of 2008. The essay is based largely on the book The Journey from Texts to Translations: The Origin and Development of the Bible by Dr. Paul D. Wegner, as well as his lectures over the entirety of the course.

I've broken the essay down into four smaller sections, and subtitled those sections to make them easier to read. They will be published over the next four days, starting on Monday:
It's going to be an awesome week! Subscribe to the feed or "Like" us on Facebook so you don't miss a thing!

4 responses to "Can the Bible Be Trusted?"

  1. Bring it on! Sounds interesting.

  2. Oh we'll DEFINITELY be bringing it!

  3. Dude, I am so pumped for this! It's something that I've definitely struggled with in the past and something I continually have doubts about. This should be a fantastic learning experience and I really look forward to reading what you have to say on the topic!

    This was right on par and slammed me with relevancy:
    "The issue of whether or not the Bible is trustworthy is in its very essence a critical topic. If the Bible is not worthy of having trust put in it, as a Christian, your eternal salvation, and indeed, your foundation and basis for all motivation in life collapses in a pile of rubbish."

    -AJ

  4. AJ, Glad you're stoked about this! I think this is information that EVERY Christian should know, and review regularly.

    The more time I spend in secular college, the more I find that my main defense against secular opinions and philosophies is knowing the facts about why I believe what I believe, and much of that is founded on the reliability of the Bible.

Post a Comment